Dive wholeheartedly into these key responsibilities
In this position, your role is to support Ahold Delhaize’s international treasury operations. It specifically includes the planning and the management of the Company’s global cash position, the mitigation of market risks and the rollout of treasury solutions in support of our various local brands.
Reporting to the Treasury Director, Cash and Risk Management, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Proactively manage the optimization of the cash management structures and help us identify process and value improvements.
- Work closely with the Corporate Finance team, local finance organizations and external partners to ensure that all entities are adequately and timely funded.
- Identify, evaluate and propose value enhancing investment products and strategies and proactively manage the Group’s investment portfolio.
- Oversee the cash flow forecasting process, ensuring the consolidation of forecasts submitted by the U.S. and European subsidiaries. You will analyse variances and recommend ways to improve forecast accuracy.
- Be the interface between financial institutions and lead various banking and cash management initiatives.
- Assist with the design and execution of foreign exchange, interest rate and commodity hedging strategies.
- Deliver timely strategic and operational treasury reporting and analysis.
What do we offer?
- Work in the dynamic international environment of Ahold Delhaize with talented colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
We welcome caring colleagues who bring the following:
- University degree in Finance or equivalent.
- Professional certification - CFA, MBA or Treasury certification is preferred.
- At least 8 years relevant work experience in a multinational corporate environment, with strong knowledge of liquidity and cash management structures, investment and derivative products and Treasury systems (IT2 is a plus).
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments, experienced Bloomberg user, advanced proficiency in Excel and VBA coding.
- Proven ability to manage multidisciplinary projects across geographies.
- Team player but able to work autonomously, with the ability to prioritize various tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiation and both verbal and written communication skills.
- You are fluent in English (other languages are a distinct asset) and are prepared to travel.
At Ahold Delhaize, we believe we play a significant role in society and that is why we aspire to achieve 100% gender balance at all levels, to be 100% reflective of the communities we serve, and strive for 100% inclusion, every day.
Perhaps Ahold Delhaize is your new workplace where you’ll join an international and dynamic Group Treasury team. Please complete the application by sending your CV and a cover letter to Joanna Maio, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your new job and office
Ahold Delhaize is one of world’s largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves over 50 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. In Europe, in most of the countries we are the number 1 or 2 supermarket company, leader in specialty stores such as Albert Heijn and Delhaize, and in the Netherlands, we own the leading e-commerce company, Bol.com.
Each brand shares a passion for delivering great food, value and innovations, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities. Our brands have also established meaningful, lasting commitments to strengthen local communities, source responsibly and help customers make healthier choices.
Ahold Delhaize operates a centralized Treasury in Geneva, Switzerland for the global management of:
- Cash and liquidity.
- Foreign exchange, interest rate and commodity risks.
- Debt and equity capital markets.
- Intercompany funding.
- Relationships with banks and credit rating agencies.
- Structuring and procurement of global insurance programmes.
- Customer payment acquiring.
The Treasury proactively supports business operations by addressing their specific cash management needs and any initiatives involving the delivery of banking and acquiring services and products.