A long-established single family office of high repute, based since many years in central Geneva, offering the chance for a young and experienced general ledger accountant to join a busy, collegial team.
A company that Finders know well, thereby able to explain the culture to any potentially suitable applicant, ensuring application in good hands.
The team you will be joining produce all accounting, including monthly and quarterly accounts as well as the production of ad-hoc reporting. Dealing with the accounting, entries and general ledger aspects of a portfolio of entities including one large investment holding group.
Tasks to include:
- Providing support to the accountant in the preparation of monthly journal entries for various companies
- Providing backup for preparation of Group accounts in absence of main accountant
- Assist with year-end close, preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and financial statements (IFRS)
- Dealing with all accounting for portfolio of smaller entities including preparation of journal entries and production of quarterly management accounts
- Preparation of annual budgets for portfolio companies
- Control of invoices & expenses, liaising with treasury department for payment of suppliers' invoices
- Liaising with auditors
- Ad hoc requests and analysis
- Ongoing or completed accountancy education of some sort required
- A solid general ledger accountant with a stable career path so far
- 3-5 years' experience in financial accounting (to include accruals etc)
- At ease in a busy, full-time role as part of a small office and close-knit team
- Fluency in English essential (ideally C1 or above as this is the main working language) with a good working knowledge of French as well
- Excellent attention to detail is essential - you should be conscientious and reliable; used to working in a serious manner
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and prior experience of accounting systems
- Already living and working in the Geneva area (frontalier OK) - able to start ASAP preferred