The Federation Humana People to People is a not-for-profit organization servicing 29 National Member organizations working in 45 countries across 5 continents. It is dedicated to global development cooperation in the sectors of Education, Small-scale Agriculture and Health and the Sustainable Development Goals.
The registered office of the Federation Humana People to People in Geneva is a lean office with 5 staff, some with frequent out-of-office missions. The Federation Humana People to People’s main departments are located at its operational Headquarters in Zimbabwe.
Bank Compliance Assistant
General description of the role
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, the Bank Compliance Assistant shall:
- Provide compliance documentation to banks concerning daily payments of the Federation Humana People to People.
- Provide documentation and answers concerning periodic compliance reviews in existing banks and compliance procedures in new banks.
- Fill in bank forms and obtain signatures for existing and new banks.
- Provide ownership information to banks for associated organizations.
- Keep compliance documentation current and well organized, update the banks when necessary.
- Keep registration in public registers up to date.
- Propose and carry out hedging and foreign currency exchanges.
- Keep internet banking profiles and credit cards working, solve problems.
- Assist the Federation’s European member organizations to follow the Federation’s guidelines for handling their banks.
- Perform legal secretarial duties for associated organizations.
- Prepare periodic bank relation meetings to be conducted together with management.
- Advise the Federation on bank regulations and compliance rules.
- Other tasks as may arise.
The list of tasks and responsibilities will be reviewed periodically and new tasks could be added.
Qualifications and experience:
- Completed CAS Compliance in Financial Services
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with bank compliance
- Experience with Banks in Geneva
- Swiss residency
- Can work independently within agreed parameters
- Disciplined and self-driving.
- Interest in working in a dynamic and multi-cultural organization.
- Native French speaking. Proficient in writing and speaking English.