We are looking for a M&A Analyst to bring along knowledge and dedication within a growing energy trading company.
The candidate will work on multiple international projects within the energy sector and have real impact on the future direction of the Group.
- Company and industry analysis, risk management, financial modelling and valuation for potential investment opportunities and divestments
- Buy-side and sell-side deal execution
- Prepare and present documents and materials for the management and board of directors
- Follow the market environment and energy sector developments
- Interact with financial advisors, debt providers and potential investors, as well as various other stakeholders
- Participate in the dialogue shaping the strategy and support top management in important strategic and financial decisions by providing qualitative and quantitative analysis
- 2 - 4 years of relevant work experience in corporate finance, work experience in Big 4 firms is an advantage
- Good knowledge of commodity markets and the energy industry
- Master’s degree in quantitative or mathematical finance
- Knowledge of complex modelling of asset pricing, risk management, and hedging
- Solid skills in VBA, Python, and/or MATLAB
- Advanced analytical, quantitative, and financial modelling skills (valuation, comparable and relative value analysis, leveraged finance, distressed asset modeling, relevant output sensitivities)
- Self-going personality to contribute to team dynamic. Initiative taker, with strong personal motivation, drive, high integrity and reliability, with a creative approach to business solutions and the ability to earn trust and develop meaningful connections with a diverse community of entrepreneurs.
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills in English (C2). Another language is an advantage, particularly an emerging market language.
- Knowledge of Swiss and international tax and M&A law is a great advantage
- Adherence to sustainable practices and knowledge of sustainable finance is an advantage