Overview of Role
The role focuses on the research, analysis and selection of managers across different asset classes, regions and sectors. The role reports to the Head of Fund Research and Institutional Portfolios with close collaboration with the other research, portfolio management and investment advisory teams.
The candidate will demonstrate strong quantitative and qualitatively fund research and analysis skills, contribute to the development and maintenance of research tools, procedures and initiatives.
Our culture is inclusive and collegiate. We foster a sense of teamwork, respect and partnership in everything we do. We support personal development initiatives through our internal networks and also membership of external networking organisations and forums to connect our professionals and promote inclusivity across the firm.
- Seek out and research any potential sources of new managers and monitor existing short-listed funds, mostly across traditional long-only asset classes.
- Conduct due diligence on identified managers and consistently apply and adhere to the Bank's manager search process. This includes collecting qualitative and quantitative data, conducting detailed analysis of strategies and portfolios, preparing and presenting investment research for decision making, attending and preparing research and manager meetings.
- Accurately document and record all aspects of the due diligence process and provide high quality analyses for shortlisted managers in accordance with the Bank's standards.
- Constructing and maintaining a network of relevant contacts within the investment industry as a basis for high quality referrals and primary research, as well as on going monitoring of research information sources.
- Stay updated with latest developments in fund industry and market economy, in the area of responsible investing in particular.
- Communicate effectively with financial advisors, contribute as an investment specialist in internal and external investment forums to support the Bank's commercial effort.
- Development of tools related to funds/managers research, peer group analysis, selection, monitoring and risk management.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Between 5 and 10-years' relevant experience in a similar role with a blend of qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Strong academic credentials. CFA qualification or equivalent is a plus.
- Previous work experience must demonstrate strong experience in manager research, which includes investment due diligence, interviewing managers, and writing manager meeting reports.
- Ability to share convictions in a solution orientated framework.
- Strong understanding of different investment styles, asset classes, financial markets as well as drivers of risk and performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel Bloomberg and Morningstar, ideally some coding experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English, ideally also French and/or German.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneur mindset and able to work independently and use initiative.
- A positive attitude, seeking continuous service improvement to deliver high quality standards.
If you are curious to learn more about us and have valuable experiences in a similar role, then please submit your CV through our recruitment tool.