As (Senior) Manager - International Tax you will manage and control international tax projects for various legal entities.
Join our team either in Switzerland (Pratteln) or Germany (Frankfurt a.M. or Munich).
- Manage international tax and transfer pricing projects from design to implementation.
- Act as Business Partner by advising the businesses on high value activities (e.g. review major contracts and business initiatives from a tax perspective such as IP, JV structures, M&A, ERP roll-outs and corporate restructuring) and ensuring documentation of those.
- Monitor and analyze proposed and newly enacted tax legislation, administrative position, ruling, court cases, for matters that impact the direct tax position of Clariant and propose strategic action steps as needed, balancing risk mitigation with costs to the business, alerting the tax planning team.
- Supervise and ensure that all tax matters of the assigned region are being properly handled from a tax accounting & tax compliance perspective.
- Planning and managing of risk assessments and analyses of intra-group transactions and business model as well as of the respective processes in various jurisdiction.
- Developing, improving and documenting direct and indirect tax compliance processes and controls.
- Monitor and coordinate Transfer Pricing for the assigned region.
- Manage tax authority engagements, audits and controversies, including voluntary disclosures, appeals and competent authority claims in liaison with the global tax functional leads.
- Design, Develop and deliver appropriate tax training to the business to address risks and improve the overall awareness and capabilities in the business.
- Manage portfolio of external advisors to ensure quality of deliverables and within budget.
- Engage with internal Shared Service Centers and Tax Compliance Outsourcing ensuring a standardized, consistent and compliant tax approach for the assigned region focusing on Transfer Pricing, Direct & Indirect Tax.
- Partner with Finance Team for the administration of period end close process, overseeing tax accrual process and ensuring that relevant deadlines are met.
- University degree in law, business or economics with further qualification in taxation.
- 5+ years of international tax experience in BIG 4, second tier or inhouse tax department of multinational industries.
- Certified Tax Expert.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of turning a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Self-driven and highly motivated personality.
- Strong presentation and communication skills on all hierarchical levels.
- Ability to prioritize and experienced in managing conflicting interests.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of immediacy and result-orientation.
- Familiar with regulated environments and its required reliable documentation requirements but convincing with hands-on mentality and pragmatic approaches ensuring compliant results and solutions.
- Fluent in English, any other languages are an advantage.
· This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for you, you will have a significant impact on the success of our business and our customers' operations.
· Very interesting, varied and challenging scope of work in a global environment.
· Attractive and performance-related remuneration and social benefits.