About the Role
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated individual to join the L&H Accounting and Closing team in Financial Accounting Technical. This role offers the unique opportunity to learn about Economic Value Management (EVM) reporting and be part of a growing team. You will report to the Head Subledger Accounting L&H.
As a Senior Reporting Professional working in the Subledger Accounting L&H team, you will review and coordinate the regional actuarial submissions from L&H Business Management to Group EVM. You will be responsible to ensure that the EVM quarterly submissions are completed in line with Group guidance and that the EVM quarterly results are consistent with assumption changes approved by the Regional Reserving Committee. You will be the key contact person for the cash flow and sensitivity analysis used for asset and liability management and act as the single point of contact between Business Management and other stakeholders (Group EVM, Treasury, etc.).
You will drive the transition of L&H EVM reporting activities from Business Management to Reinsurance Finance and closely collaborate with regional actuaries and Finance IT.
In addition, you will also support the implementation of IFRS 17 with parallel runs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review the quarterly EVM results submitted by the regional actuarial teams
- Work closely with other functions, including Business Management Actuarial, Group EVM, Treasury, FP&A, etc.
- Automate processes where possible
- Support end-to-end integration testing in the new FPSL environment for IFRS 17 implementation
- Contribute to IFRS 17 parallel run
About the Team
The Accounting and Closing L&H team in the Financial Accounting Technical department is a new team as part of the L&H build-up in Finance Reinsurance. This marks the beginning of an exciting multi-year journey in Finance with plans to upskill and grow on the L&H area in line with the Financial Planning Subledger (FPSL) operating model where we expect to see the team to take on more responsibilities over the next years.
The team is mainly located in Zurich, Bratislava and Bangalore, and is responsible for all Life and Health (L&H) related sub-ledger activities for Finance Reinsurance globally. This includes end-to-end ownership of quarterly financial accounting and closing activities across all valuation bases – US GAAP, Swiss statutory, Swiss Re's internal Economic Value Management (EVM) reporting as well as the implementation of and transition to IFRS 17. The team offers advice on technical matters for traditional and non-traditional L&H business, transactions and intragroup retrocessions (IGRs) to various stakeholders across finance and actuarial community and acts as the single point of contact for L&H liaising between different internal functions.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Physics, Mathematics, Economics, etc. with more than 5 years of working experience in Financial Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis or in an Actuarial field
- Understanding of and experience working with an economic valuation framework (EVM, MCEV, IFRS 17)
- Actuarial knowledge or proven progress made towards actuarial qualification (e.g. completing SAV study pathway) is a plus
- Previous experience in Life and Health insurance/reinsurance is a plus
- Understanding of cash flows and sensitivities is a plus
- Programming skills in Python, R or MATLAB a plus
- Analytical mindset – strong quantitative skills with proven ability to think independently
- Strong communication skills – speaks both Finance and Actuarial language with the ability to facilitate inter-team communication
- Cross-culture experience and team work – ability to work with multidisciplinary teams across different locations globally
- Experience working with different stakeholders and ability to develop and cultivate relationship with global business partners
- Can-do attitude and improvement mindset – actively contribute towards continuous improvement
- Proficient in English, both written and oral
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.