As a Senior Relationship Manager – Legal & Corporate Services you will manage under supervision of the Business Unit Director– Legal & Corporate Services based in Zug.
Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions
This is amplified by the support we offer across our approved partner network which covers a further 100 jurisdictions. Our focus on bespoke corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services enables our clients to invest, grow and thrive anywhere in the world. Sitting at the heart of international business, our local, expert knowledge and innovative, proprietary technology combine to deliver a compelling proposition - all of which keeps our clients one step ahead.
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the efficiency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed.
That's why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in our industry and our talent strategy is centered on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
Be empowered. Be Intertrust.
The Senior Relationship Manager works under supervision of the Business Unit Director. The Senior Relationship Manager is end responsible for the general financial, legal, fiscal and compliance aspects of all client companies in own portfolio, in order to make sure, that they are in good legal, fiscal and financial standing (monitoring status on amongst others the accounts, tax returns, AGM’s, AML, KYC documentation and receivables) and in line with legislation and clients’ expectations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
(All the tasks below should be done following Intertrust’s internal procedures / internal policies).
- Maintains and grows excellent relations with existing clients, intermediaries and relevant colleagues across the board, resulting in longstanding and profitable relationships with clients and intermediaries and no client outflow;
- (Proactively) Communicates and coordinates with clients as well as all internal and external parties regarding broad range of issues within client portfolio.
- Identifies (cross) sell opportunities and retention risks, alerts to the Business Unit Director, proposes and executes corrective & commercial action;
- Analyses competitors and relevant (service) developments and trends in markets and in fiscal, legal and financial areas, taking into account the commercial interests of Intertrust, so as to identify and initiate product/service improvement possibilities and signal and report commercial market opportunities;
- Contacts clients and advisors to acquire new/additional business;
- Attends internal and external networking events.
Administration & transactions
- Manages general legal and financial/fiscal aspects of the companies under management;
- Is responsible for the incorporation of companies and the good legal standing during the whole “lifecycle” of companies;
- Is responsible for the in-time delivery and quality of the services agreements, ancillary documents, annual accounts & tax returns of own client portfolio;
- Is responsible for the correct execution of financial transactions of client companies, such as capital increase, participations, distribution of dividends, granting or obtaining loan facility.
- Ensures proper handling of corporate and financial transactions of (new) clients, including incorporation, liquidation migration, closing etc.
- Ensures and maintains good standing of assigned Swiss client entities. This includes legal & corporate housekeeping tasks and coordination of client specific requests.
- Propagates & monitors proper use of compliance regulations, planning & system registration;
- Manages the periodic review of client files to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Oversees impact of revenue own portfolio on office results, alerts issues and changes with consequences for team and/or office budget realisation;
- Is responsible for the proper maintenance of (legal & financial) records of all actions taken, coordinate reporting of issues to Business Unit Director.
- Is responsible for timely invoicing and collection of clients and/or client companies;
- Manages the time writing on own client portfolio on a timely basis to ensure appropriate chargeability and proper invoicing.
- Takes on the role of administrative board member / managing officer for Swiss client mandates.
- Ensures and sees to optimal use of the available systems (Laserfiche, Viewpoint, Microsoft Office, Workday, SAP, SharePoint, etc.), in order to ensure efficiency.
Coaching & supervision
- Coaches and supervises the colleagues working on own portfolio in a day to day operational way;
- Is responsible for the planning and quality of the output undertaken within own portfolio;
- Analyse internal procedures and implementation of new standards in the areas of responsibility;
- Correct application and verification of the internal control system;
- Awareness of developments taking place within client structures and to identify possible commercial opportunities;
- Participate in incorporation-, restructuring-, and liquidation projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Expertise
- (Swiss) Legal Master’s degree
- Min 3-5 years legal & corporate housekeeping or relevant professional experience;
- Experienced with relationship management, professional client communication, networking;
- Up to date relevant local legal and market knowledge: market conditions, main actors and changing legislation;
- Knowledge of Intertrust procedures & policy, how they compare with competitors and their consequences for the clients;
- Understanding of 'other' specialisms (tax, compliance or accounting) and ability to explain the range of activities within client account;
- Understanding of impact of managed client portfolio on commercial & operational success.