Senior Finance Manager 100%
Our client is a Geneva based international Not-for-Profit Organisation involved in Environment Protection. To strengthen their team, they are seeking for a Senior Finance Manager 100%.
The Senior Finance Manager plays a central role in the operations of the organisation, and as a unit head, will be a member of the management team. This position is responsible for managing finances, budget preparation, and ensuring accurate bookkeeping and financial reporting to multiple stakeholders.
It requires collaborative skills to work co-operatively with internal units, international member organisations, and external funders. As a growing organization, this position requires skills to innovate and evolve budget and financial processes to meet future demands across the organisation international network.
The Finance Manager will participate in the choice of a new ERP and will be responsible for its implementation in the finance department
Senior Finance Manager 100%
• Overseeing and controlling the accounting processes
• Optimising and developing processes within Finance as the organisation grows particularly in Asia
• Ensure the maintenance, monitoring and oversight of general accounting, financial management, reporting and cashflow management
• Responsible for all aspect of financial control, including budget and forecasting
• Identifying and implementing innovations in budgeting and financial processes
• Partner proactively with the units and their several projects
• Participating as a member of the management team
• Reporting on monthly basis to Heads of Unit and Quarterly to Board
• Serving as primary staff liaison to the Management Accounts Committee regarding quarterly management accounts, year-end accounts, fund (reserves) investment and other issues
• Support relevant working groups created by the Board in relation to financial issues (including Membership Fees, reductions, and financial contingencies)
• Work with the organisation's Members to understand and develop necessary financial systems to interface effectively with the organisation.
• Co-ordination with legal, audit and accounting counsel on relevant issues
• University degree in public administration, or business administration preferably with a focus in controlling or equivalent.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar role and /or experience within a big 4 company
• CPA or similar qualified accountant
• Prior experience in the international non-profit sector
• High IT affinity, including expertise with accounting software (e.g. ERP and reporting), and knowledge of ERP implementation, BI tools (e.g. MS Power BI) and expense and payroll systems
• Proactive and collaborative team player and project management skills with ability to bring projects to timely completion
• Planning and organisation skills
• Flexibility with excellent prioritisation and problem-solving skills
• High willingness to serve and understanding of the concerns of different stakeholders and ability to work in a team
• Working language is English but a good level of French is welcome
• This position involves considerable hands-on work, owing to the small size of the Finance team