Manager or Senior Manager - DPP Audit US Standards
- Act as US GAAP (US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and US auditing standards subject matter expert within KPMG Switzerland, including providing guidance to clients and engagement teams on interpretations of US GAAP.
- Perform quality reviews of financial statements prepared in accordance with US GAAP, PCAOB audit engagement files, and act as the DPP resource for engagement teams during PCAOB inspections
- Coach Swiss-based audit teams on technical US accounting, auditing and reporting inquiries, and with the implementation of new firm audit tools and methodology (KCW).
- Lead integrated audits of Swiss subsidiaries of U.S. companies including reporting to KPMG U.S. and other group auditors, and act as an EQC Reviewer assistant for US Issuer engagements.
- Participate in global and local internal and external technical networks.
- Contribute to projects for conversions of financial statements to US GAAP and accounting advisory and SOX advisory services to non-audit clients.
- Perform other transaction-based projects that require US GAAP and SEC reporting expertise (comfort letters, agreed-upon procedures and reviews of registration statements).
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, US GAAS/PCAOB and SEC requirements and US audit methodology
- Minimum 5-7 years of recent integrated (SOX and US GAAP/PCAOB) audit experience either with KPMG or another Big 4 firm and proficiency in researching accounting and auditing issues
- U.S. CPA license
- Strong project management skills
- Experience leading / managing integrated audits performed in accordance with PCAOB standards
- Able to deliver high quality services under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated team player, curious, proactive and with a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; German is a big plus
The KPMG Department of Professional Practice (DPP) provides high quality technical and specialist accounting expertise and advice to teams with US Financial Reporting or PCAOB Auditing considerations. DPP also covers regulatory Training and Education of our teams and further develops the technical and methodological capabilities across the firm. DPP Audit – US Standards team in Switzerland is a team of experienced accounting and auditing professionals, who are US Certified Public Accountants with auditing backgrounds. We are committed to supporting the quality and effectiveness of KPMG's professional services
KPMG is known for providing clear and consistent solutions in the areas of auditing and advisory services. The broad palette of services across many subject matters and industries allows the provision of multidisciplinary services from a single source for our clients on the one hand and diverse careers and development options for our employees on the other hand. Our dealings are fair and frank and we strive to always look at the results of our work through the eyes of our clients. At KPMG, we are aware that if we add value for our clients, we also do the same for ourselves.
To apply for this vacancy, please provide your cover letter, CV and all relevant certificates. We look forward to receiving your application.